Why You Should Take a Solo Traveller Holiday
Georgina Willcox | 26 April 2021
Although travelling alone may sound daunting, solo travel is continuing to rise in popularity. Solo travellers come from all walks of life, but they all share the same passion - a desire to see the world!
Travelling alone shouldn't stop you from discovering amazing destinations; there could be numerous reasons why someone is travelling independently. Check out our reasons why you should consider a Solo Traveller Holiday.
Benefits of Solo Traveller Holidays
A Chance to See Incredible Destinations
If there’s somewhere you’ve always wanted to travel to, there’s nothing stopping you with solo traveller holidays. Travel the world and tick these places of your bucket list with Travel Department’s guided holidays around the globe.
We have a fantastic range of solo holidays around the world, however our favourite solo holidays include:
- Experience Namibia; visit the beautiful coastal town of Swakopmund, enjoy a safari experience in Etosha, and explore the incredible deserts of Soussuvlei and Deadvlei.
- Take a short river cruise holiday on the Danube. Ports of call with half-day guided city tours and free time sightseeing at leisure include Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava and Melk.
- Explore South Africa, the Rainbow Nation and a country filled with natural beauty, spectacular landscapes and diverse cultur with the ultimate South African road trip.
- Step back in time with a trip to Egypt and embark on a relaxing river cruise down the Nile, taking in the Temple of Horus, the Valley of Kings, the High Dam and the Temples of Karnak and Luxor.
- Discover Sicily; from its historical sites, colourful cuisine and Mediterranean climate, to its stunning landscapes and the mighty volcano of Mount Etna.
- See the best of the French Riviera with a relaxing short break in the Côte d'Azur. You will be based in the very heart of Nice, where you can enjoy an excursion to Antibes and Cannes, plus there’s an option to visit Monaco & Monte Carlo.
Enjoy Time for Yourself
You will have the comfort and convenience of staying in your very own hotel room during your holiday. For those looking for some ‘me-time,’ our solo tours typically offer plenty of free time to go it alone. During your time at leisure, you have the freedom to do your own exploration, see the sights you want to see or simply relax and take it easy.
Meet Like-Minded People
It’s often the people you meet on holiday that are the highlight of the entire trip and you’ll have amazing memories of the shared experiences you had together. The beauty of a solo holiday is that you will be travelling with a group of other independent travellers and potentially make friends for life.
You’ll Never Be Alone
Group travel is ideal for solo travellers as it offers the opportunity to meet a group of individuals, each interested in exploring their chosen destination. Being part of a group provides extra security, plus there’s the benefit of an expert local guide who is keen to share their knowledge. Our guide will accompany you on the tours and can offer suggestions for what to see and do in your leisure time, to ensure you have an authentic and enjoyable experience.
Solo Travellers Are Always Welcome
Remember, solo travellers can always join one of our regular holidays where we always have a limited number of single rooms available. Our Solo Traveller Holidays are steadily growing at Travel Department and this trend is likely to continue.
You Might also like
- Georgina Willcox
- 20 October 2020
Are you looking for the perfect location to start a love affair with Italy? The Novel Traveller, Michelle Jackson, enjoys some gems with Travel Department on a guided tour of Lake Garda, Verona and Ve ...