Now that the Brexit plans have been agreed, there are some additional pieces of information to note when you travel. Most importantly of all, your booking with Travel Department is fully ATOL protected so in the unlikely event that we are unable to operate your holiday as planned, you will be entitled to a full refund. What’s more, whether the pound rises or falls, with our no surcharge guarantee you can be sure that once you have booked your holidays, the price you pay will stay the same. Please note, there are now some new rules for UK travellers post Brexit, see below:
- Visa free travel for UK nationals will be limited to the Schengen area countries for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. This includes most EU nations and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland & Lichtenstein [the latter two to check the bank accounts].
- Travellers must have at least 6 months left on their passports except for Ireland (use passport checker tool)
- EHIC cards are valid until their expiration date. A Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) is being planned to cover chronic or existing illnesses and routine maternity care as well as emergencies - details to be released. Travel insurance with healthcare is still the best way to be covered.
- Roaming charges for mobiles should be checked with the provider s the guarantee of free roaming will end.
- Use separate lanes from EU,EEA and Swiss citizens at border controls
- Duty free shopping is available if travelling to the EU and the return of limits to the amount of duty free you can bring in from the EU.