We recommend that all of our customers purchase an adequate travel insurance policy at time of booking.
Ensuring that you are appropriately protected while on a Travel Department holiday is important to us. While we do not provide travel insurance for our customers travelling from the UK, we insist that all of our customers have a comprehensive travel insurance policy when making a booking with us. Having an insurance policy is a must for any of our holidays to protect you so you’re taking peace of mind with you wherever you go.
We suggest that whatever policy you choose covers the below as a minimum:
- The insurance company should be authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Medical Expenses covered if you or your travelling companions fall ill while abroad.
- Additional accommodation & Travel expenses abroad due to illness.
- Cancellation cover which covers the full cost of your holiday if you fall ill or have an accident within 14 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover which covers the full cost of your holiday if you are hospitalised within 31 days of departure.
- Cover for lost/delayed luggage, lost passport, and personal money
- Personal liability cover
It is your responsibility to ensure you have purchased an insurance policy with adequate cover for your holiday.