IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR TOURIST VISA
Until 30 June 2021, a visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens with a passport having at least six-month validity travelling to Vietnam for up to 15 days for all purposes.
The information provided here relates to Irish passport holders. All other applicants should contact Travel Department for advice.
Your passport must contain two blank pages and be valid for 6 months from your return date of travel.
The E Visa is only valid for entry/exit to Vietnam via nominated ports of entry. Please contact us if you are deviating from Travel Department’s standard holiday itinerary.
How do I obtain my E Visa?
Option 1 – Apply online on the official Vietnam Immigration website
Complete the online form at evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/home
Click ‘e-visa’ to begin, followed by ‘For Foreigners’.
Complete the relevant questions and note your registration code, before making your payment.
Complete the form and upload the following documents:
- A colour digital photograph (without glasses)
- Format – JPEG or GIF
- Requires portrait size smaller than 50KB
- Scanned first page of passport (with picture)
- Format – JPEG or GIF
- Size : Smaller than 200KB
Pay the E-visa fee (25 USD). Your application will be processed in 3 working days. It will also give you an order number which you should note for your records.
Having waited 3 working days, you can retrieve your e-visa here: evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc
Enter the registration code given in Step 1, registration email and date of birth.
When the E-visa is approved, print this form and present it on arrival in Vietnam.
List of hotels below: only 1 hotel name required for your application. (Please refer to the tour you have booked for hotel information below)
Highlights of Vietnam Silk Path Hanoi, 195-199 Hang Bong, Shang Bong, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi, Vietnam.
Mekong River Cruise including Vietnam & Cambodia Fusions Suites Sai Gon, 3-5 Suong Nguyet Anh Street, Ben Thanh Ward, Ben Thanh, Quan 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
TD active Explore Vietnam Gondola Hotel, 31 Hang Hanh, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Option 2 – Apply through our official partner, ‘Visa First’ in London
Visa First can process the visa on your behalf. Please see contact details below:
Address: 3rd Floor, 9 White Lion Street, London N1 9PD, United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0) 207 659 9180
Email address: email@example.com
Opening Hours: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm.
- The fee for an Irish passport holder is £80 per person.
- For all other nationalities prices may vary, please contact the Visa First office for a quotation.
- Processing time – 10 working days.
Visa First require the following items to be sent by email or post.
- The completed Visa First order form.
- A copy of your passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the expiry date of the requested visa.
- A colour passport photo
Visa fees can be subject to change.
Travel Department will not be held responsible for the loss of or damage to any document sent by post to Visa First. We strongly recommend you use registered post when sending valuable documents.
Please note that visa applications to be processed by Visa First should reach their office at least 15 working days before departure.
Please do not hesitate to contact Visa First should you have any queries.
If you are travelling on a holiday that includes Cambodia, see below:
- When completing your E visa application for Vietnam, please note that the entry checkpoint is Ho Chi Minh City and the exit checkpoint is Song Tien Landport.
- A tourist visa for Cambodia is issued on arrival. The fee is $37 US dollars in cash. You are also required to bring two passport sized photographs. Your passport should be valid for six months from your return date.