IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR TOURIST VISA
All foreign nationals, including children, require a visa to enter Egypt. It is each individual passenger’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate Tourist Visa and to make sure that when you receive it, all details are correct.
The information provided in this document relates to British and Irish passport holders. All other applicants should contact Visa First for advice.
Your passport must contain two blank pages and be valid for 6 months from your return date of travel. The Egypt E-visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days for single entry. You must enter and exit Egypt within the range of dates stated on your visa. Amendments to the visa can be made only when the visa is still valid. (a fee applies).
Fees and charges once received are non refundable. The Embassy reserves the right of refusal for any visa application.
Option 1 - Apply online on the official Arab Republic of Egypt website
Please note the e-Visa can be obtained up to 3 months prior to arrival date.
- Visit the official visa website at visa2egypt.gov.eg
- You must ‘sign up’ to the website to begin. Complete the relevant questions and create your own password.
- You will need to verify your email address to use your account. An email will be sent to your email address in order to do this.
- Once registered, revisit the home page and log in.
- Click on ‘Create new application’.
- Complete the form and upload the following document:
- Scanned first page of passport (with picture)
- Format – JPEG
- Size : maximum 500KB
- Note your application number.
- Pay the E-visa fee (US$25). NB Your visa is not yet processed at this point.
- You can check your e-visa status by logging into your account at visa2egypt.gov.eg
- When the E-visa is approved, you will receive an email.
- Download and print the e-Visa from your account.
- Print the visa and present on arrival in Egypt.
Please see below some information to be provided in your online application (referred to as ‘Host Information’)
Hotel address (only 1 hotel required)
Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Al Remaya, Kafr Nassar, Cairo, Giza Governorate 12561, Egypt
Tel +20 2 33777070
For those who choose to apply for their visa independently, Travel Department accepts no responsibility for delays caused by incorrect supply of information and/or delays in obtaining sufficient information to process visas with the embassy. The responsibility lies solely with the customer to supply the correct information on time to the embassy in order to obtain a valid visa for travel.
It is the responsibility of customers who choose to apply for visas independently to familiarise themselves with up to date opening hours of the embassy and periodic closures and any changes in price for individual visa applications. Travel Department accepts no liability for any issues encountered by customers who do not obtain a visa in time for their holiday. Customers may be refused entry into their destination if a complete and correct visa application is not processed in time.
Option 2 – Apply through our official partner ‘Visa First’ in London
Visa First can process the visa on your behalf. Please see contact details below:
Address: 3rd Floor, 9 White Lion Street, London N1 9PD, United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0) 207 659 9180
Email address: email@example.com
Opening Hours: Monday- Thursday 9am- 5.30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm.
- The fee for an British or Irish passport holder is £75 per person.
- For all other nationalities prices may vary, please contact the Visa First office for a quotation.
- Processing time – 10 working days.
Visa First require the following items to be sent by email or post.
- The completed Visa First order form.
- A copy of your passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the expiry date of the requested visa.
Visa fees can be subject to change.
Travel Department will not be held responsible for the loss of or damage to any document sent by post to Visa First. We strongly recommend you use registered post when sending valuable documents.
Please note that visa applications to be processed by Visa First should reach their office at least 15 working days before departure.
Please do not hesitate to contact Visa First should you have any queries.