IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR TOURIST VISA TO CHINA
All visitors to China require a Tourist Visa. It is each passenger’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate Tourist Visa and to make sure that when you receive it, all details are correct. When you apply for your visa, your passport must have at least 2 blank pages and must be valid for 6 months from your return date of travel. Chinese visas are valid for three months from the date of issue.
The following information is for British passport holders only. For information concerning other nationalities, please contact Travel Department or The Chinese Visa Application Service Centre.
All British Citizens will be required to travel IN PERSON to either the Chinese Visa Application Centre in London, Edinburgh, Manchester or Belfast to provide their fingerprints in order to proceed with their visa application. In the event of refusal to undergo this procedure, the applicant will not be issued a visa.
Please note the Chinese Visa can be obtained from 3 months prior to arrival date.
Please visit www.visaforchina.org for the most up to date information and visa processing fees.
There are four Chinese Visa Application Service Centres (CVASC) in the UK:
Address: 2nd Floor, Exchange Tower, 19 Canning Street, City of Edinburgh, EH3 8EG
Tel: 0131 2292519
Address: 12 Old Jewry, London EC2R 8DU
Tel: 0207 7767888
Address: First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester, M23HR
Tel: 0161 2248672 / 01612361070
Address: Chinese Welfare Association, 1 Stranmillis Embankment, Belfast BT7 1GB
Tel: 0131 2292519
The Belfast centre is only open on a very limited number of dates. The opening dates are displayed at www.visaforchina.org
Please read the ‘Step By Step Guidance’ for information regarding the visa process; you can access this by clicking the link www.visaforchina.org
You will need the following for your application:
- Visa Application Form and Electronic Photo: Please enter the ‘ Quick Access’ section from the homepage of www.visaforchina.org, and then select ‘New Application Form’ to fill in your application form online. The online application form will require you to upload a recent standard photograph with white background (please check here for photograph requirements). After filling in the application form, please print out the complete form and sign on the 1st and the 8th page. If your electronic photo cannot be uploaded successfully, please submit a recent standard photo when you apply visa in our center.
- Reservation Form: It is compulsory to make appointment in advance and submit the application to the Visa Centre during the period of time as you appointed online. After completing the application form, please enter 'Quick Access' section and click 'Appointment' to make the appointment. You need to fill in the application form number and choose the time slot to finish appointment booking. You must download and print the Reservation Form (please click here to check the sample) and bring the reservation form with you for the visit.
- Booking Confirmation Invoice from Travel Department.
- Appropriate hotel booking in China. (provided by Travel Department)
- Proof of round trip flight. (provided by Travel Department)
- Your passport
- Completed payment authorisation form
- Completed declaration form one per person
- Photocopy of the first page of passport (with picture)
- A stamped self-addressed Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope for return delivery
Additional information for completing online visa application form:
- National ID number: N/A.
- Type of Visa: Tourism, Independent Tourist
- Information about your intended trip :
- City of arrival / departure : Beijing
- District / County : Chaoyang
- Inviting person or organisation in China :
- Name : Beijing A & H Travel
- Relationship to Applicant : N/A
- Province / State : Beijing
- City : Beijing
- Disctrict : Chaoyang
- Postcode : 100102
- Telephone : 86 10 8476 3712
- Email : email@example.com
- Sponsor : N/A
Travel Department accepts no responsibility for changes to procedure, fees and / or documentation required to obtain a tourist visa. The information above is subject to change.
Please note that with introduction of online appointment system, slight delays may occur. Please allow sufficient time for processing prior to departure.
You must visit the embassy twice (once to drop off the application and once to collect it).
The Chinese Application Service Centre has the right to request the applicant to provide additional supporting documents or to attend the Embassy for an interview.
For those who choose to apply for their visa independently, Travel Department accepts no responsibility for delays caused by incorrect supply of information and/or delays in obtaining sufficient information to process visas with the Chinese Application Service Centre. The responsibility lies solely with the customer to supply the correct information on time to the embassy in order to obtain a valid visa for travel. It is the responsibility of customers who choose to apply for visas independently to familiarise themselves with up to date opening hours of the embassy and periodic closures and any changes in price for individual visa applications. Travel Department accepts no liability for any issues encountered by customers who do not obtain a visa in time for their holiday. Customers may be refused entry into their destination if a complete and correct visa application is not processed in time.