IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR TOURIST VISA
All visitors to Australia require a Tourist Visa. It is each individual’s own responsibility to secure a Tourist Visa.
The eVisitor visa replaces visa labels or stamps and removes the need for application forms. It is an electronically stored authorisation for travel to Australia, meaning you don't need paper documentation or a stamp in your passport.
An eVisitor Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted.
The visa is issued and linked to your passport number. If your passport is lost, stolen or replaced before you travel to Australia, you will be required to re-apply for an eVisitor visa.
Your passport must be valid for 6 months from your return date of travel.
You may be eligible for an eVisitor visa if you:
- Intend to visit Australia only temporarily and for tourism or business visitor purposes
- Are currently outside Australia
- Hold an eVisitor-eligible passport (ie from Ireland or the United Kingdom). Other nationalities should contact Travel Department for further advice.
- Are free of tuberculosis when you enter Australia
- Have not been convicted of an offence or offences for which the total sentence is more than 12 months (whether or not the sentence has been served).
How do I obtain my eVisitor visa?
Option 1 - Apply online directly with The Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Control
Full details can be found at www.border.gov.au
This is a free service and can be completed online: online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login
For those who choose to apply for their visa independently, Travel Department accepts no responsibility for delays caused by incorrect supply of information and/or delays in obtaining sufficient information. The responsibility lies solely with the customer to supply the correct information on time in order to obtain a valid visa for travel. Travel Department accepts no liability for any issues encountered by customers who do not obtain a visa in time for their holiday. Customers may be refused entry into their destination if a complete and correct visa application is not processed in time.
Option 2 – Apply through our official partner, ‘Visa First’ in London
Visa First can process the visa on your behalf. Please see contact details below:
Address: 3rd Floor, 9 White Lion Street, London N1 9PD, United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0) 207 659 9180
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm.
- The fee for a British or Irish passport holder is £30 per person.
- For all other nationalities prices may vary, please contact Visa First for a quotation.
- Processing time - 10 working days
Visa First will require the following items to be sent via email or post.
- The completed Visa First order form.
- A copy of your passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the expiry date of the requested visa.
Visa fees can be subject to change.
Travel Department will not be held responsible for the loss of or damage to any document sent by post to Visa First. We strongly recommend you use registered post when sending valuable documents.
Visa First also operates a walk in service, so you can visit their office directly.
Please note that visa applications to be processed by Visa First should reach their office at least 15 working days before departure.
Please do not hesitate to contact Visa First should you have any queries.